3D Printing Applications Across Industries
According to The State of 3D Printing, 2018 from Forbes, the integration of 3D printing technologies into business across many industries is rapidly accelerating. Highlights from the report include:
- Accelerating product development is the highest priority companies are relying on 3D printing for, jumping from 29% in 2017 to 39% in 2018.
- Prototyping (55%), production (43%) and Proof of Concept models (41%) are the three most popular 3D printing applications in 2018.
- 36% of companies are using metal materials for 3D printing this year, up from 28% in 2017 signaling greater adoption for production operations.
- 93% of companies using 3D printing in 2018 are able to gain competitive advantages, including reducing time-to-market and being able to support shorter production runs for customers.
- 70% have increased their investments in 3D printing in 2018 versus 49% in 2017. 37% of the respondents in aeronautics (A&D) spent more than $100K in 3D printing in 2017.
- 64% of A&D companies are using 3D printing in production, leading all other industries included in the survey.
Check out the following industry-specific pages to see how 3D printing is being used in your industry.